The requirements and qualifications of working in the field of civil Aviation maintenance are set by civil Aviation Authorities who are the legal identities established to keep and upgrade the level of safety and also to standardize the various Aviation operations in different fields. Depending on the type of occupation, anybody will be responsible to the regulations set by some of those Authorities. So it is a vital requirement for the technicians to be informed and follow updated rules.
The main Aviation Authorities are:
- International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Civil Aviation Organisation, Islamic Republic of Iran (CAO.IRI)
The next tabs give you more information about each of these authority’s regulations.